Friday, April 4, 2014

April 4
Letter D

                                                     
    My movie for the letter D is Dead Poet's Society. This movie was excellent!  It star's one of my favorite actors, Robin Williams, who plays a professor at a school for boys. He inspires them to start a small group that he had when he was in school. The Dead Poet's Society inspires the boys to stand up for what they believe in and take chances. One of the bet movie I have ever seen. 

                                                      
     My book for the letter D is Divergent. This book was sooo good. It was written by Veronica Roth and tells the story of a young girl (Tris Prior) who lives in a time in the future after a war has divided people into different groups known a factions. When Tris leaves her family and peaceful faction behind to join a more daring one, her strength is put to the test as she struggles to earn her place and hide the fact that she is Divergent. This is the first book in the Divergent series and I recommend them all. But this one is the best by far. Divergent was also just made into a movie which I thought was magnificent.

   
                                                      
      My hero for the letter D is Daredevil. This hero has to rely on his hearing and other instincts instead of his eyes because he was blinded after an accident when he was younger. I personally think that is the coolest thing. There aren't many blind heroes that save the day. Daredevil had a movie made about him a few years ago. Unfortunately, I have never seen it. 

     What did yo think about my selection for the letter D? Make sure to come back tomorrow for the letter E.















15 comments:

  1. Dead Poet's Society and Divergent are wonderful movies! And book as well (Divergent) :) I'm not too familiar with Daredevil though :)
    Amelia (Visiting from A to Z Challenge)
    wordsfromsonobe.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dead Poets was AMAZING! Great movie! And I agree with you about Robin Williams. He is a great actor, often underrated. Love Daredevil too! Even the Ben Affleck version, who quite frankly, I also think is underrated honestly.
    Shawn from Laughing at Life 2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great D theme. I don't think I ever saw the movie Dead Poets but I love Robin Williams so I'm going to have to watch it! Good luck with the A to Z Challenge. This is my first year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone keeps saying Divergent is really good. I have to read it. Great theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun theme. I still need to read Divergent. I don't know much about Daredevil, but find him intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the best "D" movies ever! He deserved an award for it and was slighted.
    Coming over from that A-Z challenge.
    ~Naila Moon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool theme - I too like Robin Williams (and Dead Poet's Society.) Just visiting from the A to Z challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Divergent <3 Loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was always able to relate to the young man who committed suicide in Dead Poets Society. My parents never much approved of anything I did, and I was often depressed.
    Visiting from the A to Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read or seen any of your "D" choices ( I have no idea why I've never seen Dead Poet's Society!) but I love your theme for the month!
    I'm posting about bookish topics for my A-Z Challenge--stop by if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't seen the Divergent movie yet but hope to. I have read the first two of the series and am just waiting for enough time to read the third. The movie you listed is one I remember seeing. I do enjoy watching Robin Williams. He has such diversity -- at least in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like all of those. I wish they would make a new Daredevil movie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dead Poets was one of those turning point movies for me. The whole message about not conforming and that literature is powerful. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dead poets society was a wonderful movie. Your post has served as a good reminder...I will watch it again over the weekend.

    Saying Hi! Visiting from A to Z

    ReplyDelete